Friday, January 30, 2004

Friday!

Being that I don't like my job very much, Friday is always a day to look forward to.

This one didn't start off so well. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, but a hot shower always helps me to wake up a little bit. Unfortunately, the best I could get out of my shower this morning was "lukewarm." Ah, the wonders of apartment living--I think the problem was caused by my neighbors also showering at the same time, but who knows? At any rate, that didn't get me up and going as much as it usually does. Maybe I should have tried a cold shower. Hmm...no. Anyway, after that, I had to drive to work, which involves fighting through traffic. I just don't understand how some people are granted licenses to drive. The drive-time traffic always irritates me, but today was at least a little worse than usual.

This is an exceptionally rare thing for me to say, but my day has been getting better since I got to work. I'm finally starting to feel alert. There has actually been some work for me to do. I'll be getting paid sometime in the next twenty minutes. Life is good.

The weekend is coming up, and it looks like it'll be a good one. After work this evening I'm getting together with a friend I haven't hung out with for a while (his girlfriend had a baby last month, so he's been plenty busy). On Saturday, the Falcons men's hoops team has a home game, and Anderson Arena is one of my favorite places in the world (a topic I'm sure I'll explore at some point). After that I'm driving to Brandi's for the remainder of the weekend. The Super Bowl is on Sunday. In short, there are plenty of things to be excited for this weekend.

The real reason that Friday is such a great day, though, has nothing to do with any of this. Friday is great mainly because it's a Wendy's day. I work Monday through Friday, and I have a general schedule I keep about where I eat lunch each day. The rest of the days are subject to a little bit of change, depending on several factors, but the one immutable thing is Wendy's on Friday.

I love Wendy's. In fact, Wendy's is the reason I made a schedule--without it, I would just eat at Wendy's every day, and by now I'd probably weigh about 750 pounds and have two orange ponytails sprouting from the back of my head. I do generally eat there one other time during the week, but as I've made a conscious decision to start eating at least a bit healthier, it's not quite the same. On Friday I don't worry about it, though: I go straight for the greasy burger and fries, woohoo! My stomach is rumbling and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

No comments: