Wednesday, January 28, 2004

An Introduction

I was highly tempted just to jump right into this, but it would feel pretty strange to do so without a bit of backstory. It would help to know where I'm coming from, yes? Okay, maybe not, I don't know. I'm new to this, and that's where I'm going to start. I'll try to make this as short and as painless as possible.

I'm 26, but I have a tendency to think of myself as being younger than that. That may be because I still live in the town where I went to college (Bowling Green, Ohio). I'm currently doing a job I don't particularly care for--I'm the Purchasing Manager for a small manufacturing company just outside of Toledo. That's just what I'm doing right now to pay the bills, though; it's certainly not how I define myself. I'm a writer/editor by inclination, although finding steady work in those fields is not especially easy. That's okay, though; I'll get there eventually.

If you read this blog regularly (assuming I continue to update it regularly, which remains to be seen: I have good intentions, but we all know how that goes), you'll read about a variety of different subjects. I'm a writer who hasn't been doing as much writing as he should lately, and I feel this is a good venue for me to change that. There will probably be plenty of writing about the things I love--sports, literature, music, films, etc. Plenty of other stuff crosses my mind, and you'll see that here too. Some of it will be deep (hopefully), some of it will be banal. That's just the way I am. All I ask is that you come to it with an open mind, as you'll probably find that a lot of my views don't line up with the mainstream. In return, I'll try my best to keep it amusing and/or thought-provoking. Just don't hold me to it.

No comments: