Wednesday, March 24, 2004

How Many Times?

Fear not, loyal readers: I'm working on an entry for today as we speak. While you wait for that, though, let me take a moment to express my irritation.

I mentioned during my weekend review that I tried to get my new license plates for my car, but that I couldn't do it because I wasn't carrying the proper identification.

When I got back into town this week, I checked the Ohio BMV's website to find out when my local office was open. Of course, it's generally open from 8:00-5:00, which are exactly the same hours that I work. It said, however, that they were open until 6:30 on Wednesdays.

I went over there after work today, armed with all the proper identifications. I found the office closed. The listed hours have the office being open until 6:30 on Mondays. Lovely.

I came home and re-checked the BMV website and found the same information. After a bit of searching, I found another page of office listings. This page showed the correct hours. So they've got ostensibly the same information in two different places, one with the correct information and one with incorrect information. Lucky me, I saw the incorrect information first and acted on it.

Unfortunately, there aren't any offices within fifteen miles of where I work. This means I'm going to have to go back to the office in Stow on Saturday, or wait until Monday to go back to the office here in Bowling Green. What a pain in my ass.

No comments: