Monday, March 29, 2004

I've Got My Own Car...I'm Popular

Lyrics from "Popular" by Nada Surf

Finally, it's official. After several false starts and a bunch of hassle, I finally managed to get new plates for my car this weekend. I went to the license bureau in Stow on Saturday at a time when I knew it was open, and I had the proper identification. My car is now registered and plated, street legal. That makes it now 100% mine--it's no longer a lease, and there are no payments owed. I'd like to thank my parents for that, a whole lot.

So now the car is mine, and that's awesome. To celebrate, I'll probably end up taking my car out for a brake job. Driving around with the windows down this weekend alerted me to some fairly significant squeakage, which I need to get checked out.

I'm just glad that I could drive around with the windows down. This was one of those rare times when a window of good weather happened to coincide with the weekend, instead of during the week when it could only be enjoyed through my office window. This weekend was awesome in terms of weather. Now it's cooled down again, and it's raining. That's what Mondays are supposed to be like, though. Save the nice stuff for Saturdays and Sundays (and Friday nights--good bar weather).

Friday night I drove over to Stow after work. Brandi hadn't eaten anything all day, and I was pretty hungry myself, so we hurried over to BW3. Brandi was kind enough to accede to my request that we eat somewhere that we could watch the NCAA Tournament games that were going on; or perhaps she was just so hungry that she didn't care where we ate. Either way, we went to BW3 to eat and watch the games. We had a couple of drinks too. We left when the first batch of games ended, which was about 9:30 or so. We stopped for ice cream on the way back to her place, and then watched the late basketball games when we got there.

On Saturday morning I got up and went to get my plates. Brandi was still asleep when I got back, so I played The Sims and waited for her to wake up. She slept pretty late, which is generally my domain. We took our time getting ready for the day, but eventually we headed out to the mall in Cuyahoga Falls, near where she lives. No specific purpose, just to walk around for a while. We were both really hungry when we were finished there, so we went down the street to the local Olive Garden. That was pretty awesome, as usual.

We went home after that for still more basketball. We watched, then went for a walk to enjoy the nice evening. We watched a movie (A Bug's Life, which Brandi just bought on DVD) when we got home, and had popcorn. That's always good.

On Sunday, Brandi got up early to be productive, while I remained in bed. She went to the grocery, did laundry, and washed her car; I was still asleep when she got home. I still managed to get up before noon, which is at least relatively early for me on a weekend. Brandi had bought donuts while she was out, so we happily chowed down.

We went for a drive that afternoon, then stopped in at Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. We spent the afternoon after we got back--what else?--watching basketball. We had the living room window open, and the breeze coming through was outstanding. Brandi made dinner for us that evening. She made spaghetti with lots of veggies and stuff, and it was really, really good. We spent the rest of the night watching TV/movies.

Now I'm back at work, waiting for next weekend and hoping it's as nice as this one was.

No comments: