Thursday, March 04, 2004

A Mulatto, An Albino, A Mosquito, My Libido

Yeah.

I was listening to Nirvana's Nevermind album on my way to work this morning. What a great CD. It came out in 1991, and I got it shortly thereafter. I was 14 at the time. Now, nearly thirteen years later, the music sounds as good as it ever did. Better, actually. That, my friends, is a classic CD. It really is too bad Kurt Cobain isn't still around. On the bright side, Dave Grohl (Nirvana's drummer) is making some good music with the Foo Fighters.

I was listening to that as I drove in on the turnpike from Stow, as I went to visit Brandi last night. With her coming to BG the past couple of weekends, I hadn't been to her place for a while, so I thought I mid-week visit was in order. We didn't get a whole lot of time together, because she didn't get home until around 9:00, but it was a good time nonetheless.

I've mentioned on here before that I don't buy flowers very often, but I stopped at a grocery store on my way into Stow and picked up some flowers for Brandi. This is where I discovered that flowers have the ability to make all women swoon, whether said flowers are for them or not. Three older ladies in the checkout line (the cashier, the bagger, and the lady ahead of me in line) all sighed and started talking to me when they saw I had flowers. What a strange phenomenon.

After Brandi got home and got her flowers (they made her very happy), we went to BW3 for some food and to play their interactive trivia game. That's always fun. For my money, B-Dubs has the best chicken fingers (they call them "Buffalo Tenders") in the world, and I'm something of a chicken fingers expert. We finished second in both trivia contests we played. I like B-Dubs a lot. Neither of us was drinking last night, but it's still a fun place to be. The trivia games are fun, and there are always sporting events on TV. It's a good atmosphere. We go to the B-Dubs in Kent quite a bit when I'm in Stow, and we go to the one in BG almost every time Brandi is in town. I think we'll be there a lot once she moves back.

Actually, we decided last night that I would drive to Stow on St. Patrick's Day and we'd hang out at B-Dubs that night. That should be fun. I can't stand the taste of beer, so I won't be drinking any, green or otherwise. It'll be a good night to be out, though. I'll probably try to go out the night before in Bowling Green.

Speaking of future plans, we've tentatively decided to go up to Cleveland on Saturday. She mentioned the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, which sounded good to me since my one visit there was a couple of years ago. The strange thing was that before she even brought it up, I had been thinking that I'd like to go to Cleveland this weekend. It just sounded like fun. We'll probably go on Saturday. The Cavs have a home game that night, so we'll probably head over to Gund Arena and get some cheap seats for that one.

I'm going to be in Cleveland several times in the next few weeks, at least potentially. This weekend isn't set in stone, but we don't have anything else going on, so it's probable. The weekend after that is the MAC basketball tournament at Gund Arena, and I would really like to go to a game or two (hopefully BG can help me out by making it that far). The weekend after THAT, Brandi and I have tickets to see Edwin McCain in concert at the Odeon Concert Club. I've already seen Edwin perform live seven times, so I can say with some authority that it will be an excellent show.

On the topic of MAC basketball, I just want to note that Ball State did me the favor of defeating Eastern Michigan last night, which assures that my BG Falcons will host a first-round game in the MAC Tournament. Whatever else happens, I'll get to see them play at least one more time this year.

No comments: