Couldn't think of a good rhyme today. Sorry about that.
Anyway, there's nothing in particular on my mind today, so I thought I'd "treat" you to another installment of just random stuff. I haven't done this for a little while, so I don't feel too bad about it. Actually I never feel bad about it, but let's pretend sometimes I do.
* I have exquisite timing today. Each time I've tried to go into the bathroom, someone else has gotten there just ahead of me. It's uncanny.
* Something that really, really bothers me is when people just toss cigarette butts out their car windows, or just down on the ground if they're outside. What in the hell are you doing? This just shows a total lack of regard for the world around you. I'm not a big-time environmentalist, but this is just common sense. When I drive down Airport Highway, I can see the divider in the median just lined with discarded cigarette butts, and it's disgusting. I'm probably not going to start carrying a firearm and shooting out people's back windows when they do this, but I'm tempted. If you do this, STOP IT!!!
* Another thing I've noticed lately is people in the world of sports journalism dogging out The Lord of the Rings and people who enjoy it, even after admitting they've never seen the movies or read the books. I can understand if fantasy fiction isn't their thing, but to totally degrade everyone who's into it is absurd. You don't have to reinforce stereotypes about "dumb jocks" or "geeks." Believe it or not, it is possible to like both. I do.
* I actually have some work to do at work (gasp!) for the time being. I don't know exactly why this particular duty has been assigned to the Purchasing Manager, but that's the way it's done, so I'm doing it. That's not a complaint, by the way--it's not exciting work, but it's nice to have something to do. It deals with calculating the amounts of certain chemicals we use for a report we have to file every year or so. It's not hard, but there's a lot to it, and I'm kind of figuring it out as I go along.
* Of course, this means that there are just enough stupid little things going on to keep distracting me from working on this new project. Lucky for me, I've got over a month to get it finished. I don't think it'll take nearly that long.
* I'm starting to think that spring may actually be on the horizon. The temperatures have been mild for almost a full week now, and they're expected to stay that way through the next several days. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another blast of winter, but hopefully we won't.
* Besides the rising temperatures, another sure sign of warmer weather on the horizon is road construction. While I haven't seen any actual roadwork going on as of yet, it's on its way. The signs are already going up in Bowling Green. Getting around town is going to be a bit of a hassle in the coming months. They're going to widen Wooster St., which is one of the town's main streets. It's long overdue, though, so you'll hear few complaints from me.
* Mmm, cookies! I bought three chocolate-chip cookies yesterday with my sandwich at Subway and, silly me, I forgot to eat them. I'm correcting that oversight right now.