Thursday, May 13, 2004

Today I'd Rather Be at Work

Home sick today. As irritating as my job has been lately, I'd rather be totally healthy and there than sick and here. Oh well, it's just a cold and it'll pass shortly. I'm already feeling quite a bit better than I was when I woke up this morning. Maybe that's just the drugs.

High on Day-Quil and feeling mostly okay, I took my car to Midas for an oil change and a brake job. I remember mentioning the fact that I needed a brake job a while ago; I finally got it taken care of today.

I said yesterday that I would need a new book for my lunch hour, and that the book would probably be Schoolboy Trojans, by Vernon Vaughn Knuckles. As it turns out, I'll have to find a different one, as I took that book with me to Midas and managed to read the whole thing while waiting for the work to be done on my car. They didn't take an inordinate amount of time to do it, but I was there for maybe two hours, and the book wasn't all that substantial. It was pretty entertaining, though. It also made me miss my hometown fiercely. I need to get back there soon.

Tomorrow I'll probably be back at work and all revved up for the weekend.

No comments: