Thursday, May 27, 2004

Walk Into McDonald's and Whom Do I See?


Boba Fett served my lunch today.

Okay, I admit it: that's a blatant untruth. This is just another picture from that Star Wars exhibit I talked about earlier.

In actuality, I didn't even leave the office for lunch today. I had leftovers from last night's dinner (Applebee's), so I brought that with me today and ate at my desk. I brought my book (The Godfather) in so I could still read, though. I thought that would make it seem more like a regular lunch hour.

However, I'd have to say that staying here for lunch is one of the worst ideas I've had in a long time. On one hand, I'd like to do it more often--packing my lunch would be cheaper and healthier than going out for fast food each day, and I also wouldn't be driving those extra ten miles per day. That's not much, but with gas prices the way they are, cutting out any extraneous driving is a good thing. Even with all of these benefits, though, I just don't know if I could handle it. Staying here for lunch makes the day seem so long. Time is going slow enough right now as it is, since I have no work to do, and spending an extra hour in the office makes me borderline suicidal. I like getting out for an hour each day and removing all thoughts of this place from my mind.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I had some work to do, and the rest of the time didn't go by so slowly. Being here for nine hours for no apparent reason drains me mentally. I spend most of that time thinking of ways to amuse myself, like posting photos and pretending I saw Boba Fett at McDonald's. See what this job does to me? It's making me warped!

What? I've been warped since I was young?

Oh.

No comments: