Monday, May 17, 2004

Weekend Review (The Short Short Version)

I went to Stow this weekend. As Brandi and I were both in the process of getting over colds, we didn't do much. Therefore, instead of boring you with a blow-by-blow account of the whole weekend, I thought I'd just hit some of the high points.

First off, I'm feeling almost back to normal now, with just a little weirdness left over in the back of my throat. I'm sure that's due to how much we slept this weekend. We slept past noon on both days, and even found time to nap on Sunday. It was lovely. Even when I'm totally healthy, I love a laid-back weekend where I can sleep a lot.

The highlight of Friday came toward the end of the evening. Brandi and I were laying on the floor together while I sang along with a CD I made for her a while ago. As much as I love music, I can't sing to save my life, and I'm sure that having a headcold made me sound even worse than usual (I wouldn't know--mercifully, my ears were plugged). I love to sing, though, and Brandi humors me from time to time. She even claims to enjoy it, which really just makes me think she's a glutton for punishment.

On Saturday we thought briefly about going to see a movie. We thought about Troy, but we didn't feel like hacking and coughing in a theater for nearly three full hours. We decided on Mean Girls, but we were caught between showings and didn't feel like waiting. So we ended up going to the video store instead, where we rented School of Rock. Good movie. It's not an all-time classic or anything, but it was good for about two hours of entertainment.

On Sunday we found ourselves without a whole lot to do, so we went to the mall in Cuyahoga Falls and walked around for a little bit. I bought a shirt and a pair of shorts. Later that night we ordered pizza and watched Finding Nemo for the hundredth time.

Now I'm back at work. I'm still catching up a little bit after taking last Thursday off sick, but I'll be there soon enough. Once I am, it may get exceptionally boring around here. Then again, what else is new?

No comments: