Friday, June 18, 2004

A Total Lack of Stimulation

I've been doing this a lot lately, and I apologize (if anyone happens to care), but in the absence of anything of significance to talk about today....

  • Coming off a seven-game losing streak, the Reds have now won three in a row after sweep of the Texas Rangers. The Rangers have been surprisingly decent this year, so the Reds didn't take out a cream puff by any means. I find that the recent losing streak hasn't damaged my good feeling about the team. Even when they fall behind, I feel like they can/will come back. That's been the modus operandi all season, and they've come back to form over the past three games. Next up is a series against the Cardinals in St. Louis, which will be a fight for position in the National League Central Division. Hopefully Junior can get his 500th home run out of the way in this series and the Reds can get out of town with at least a couple of wins.

  • I love football (especially college football) more than any other sport, and I always have an itch for it when it isn't in season. Right now that itch is cycling up towards full throttle, a little earlier than usual. Last night the local cable access station was showing a replay of a BGSU game against Ball State from the 2002 season. I watched a lot of it, and it really made me miss the sights and sounds of football season. It's not just the action on the field, either. It's the hum and roar of the crowd, the echoing sounds of the public address system, the way it feels to be outside on a Saturday (or Friday--I love high school football nearly as much) evening in the fall. I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the spring and summer, but if it could be football season all the time, that would be just fine with me.

    As a sidenote, BG beat Ball State in that game, 38-20.

  • I've spent a good portion of the day just wandering around the office, chatting with my co-workers. I'm generally not enough of a people person to go seek people out, but I am seriously bored here today. There's absolutely nothing to do. So we congregate in the lobby, or in someone's office, and just hang out. You can do that sort of thing when you have an absentee owner/president/boss.

  • I just found out earlier today that Edwin McCain is going to be performing in Cleveland again on July 2. I think Brandi is going to buy tickets to that for my birthday, which is a couple of days after that. It'll be cool to see him in concert again (for the 9th time). His new CD (Scream and Whisper) comes out on Tuesday, and I can't wait to hear it.

  • Tuesday is also the day that former President Clinton's book My Life comes out. I'll probably go ahead and pick it up that day. I know I want to read it, and Brandi and my mom have also said they'd like to read it when I'm finished, so it'll definitely be money well spent.

  • I'm currently trying to think of a way to lay out a links page to go along with this blog. I'd kind of like it to share the same template with this page and the other pages I've written for this blog, but I rather doubt that will happen. I just don't know what I would put in the sidebar to the right. I suppose I could put links over there too, but I don't know what would go over there as opposed to in the main column. If anyone has any suggestions, leave a comment or send an e-mail.
  • No comments: