Thursday, July 01, 2004

Busy Day

No, not here at work, although that would be a nice change. I do have a lot of stuff I need to get done this evening, though, since I'm leaving for the weekend immediately after work tomorrow afternoon. Here's a checklist:

  • Call landlord about air conditioner, and also to get a key for Brandi.
  • Get an oil change.
  • Visit Wal-Mart for several items.
  • Wash dishes.
  • Take out the trash.
  • Pay bills.
  • Run, or do some other type of exercise.
  • Get stuff together for weekend trip.
  • Write! (Today is July 1!)

    Actually, now that I have it all listed out, it doesn't sound too bad at all. That's why I do this from time to time. It feels like a lot when I'm just thinking about it. Listing it out helps me realize it's doable, and it also keeps me from forgetting anything.

    I'd also like to get to bed relatively early--I'm thinking no later than 1:00 a.m. Yes, that's early for me (it's usually 2:00, although last night it was just past 3:00). I know I'll be up late tomorrow night, as Brandi and I are going to a concert in Cleveland, so it would be good to be rested for that.

    Since I mentioned work way up there in the first paragraph, I thought I'd throw out a little tidbit about my day here so far. Our marketing director actually showed up today. This is the second time she's been here in, oh, the past month or so. She came in an hour late, and so far hasn't made it past the lobby, where she's currently chatting away. I also might mention that she brought her daughter, as she does from time to time, and her daughter also brought a friend. I'm not sure when construction is going to start on the new day-care wing we're apparently going to open, but I'll let you know.

    Additionally, while our office manager was showing someone around our office earlier this week, she introduced me as a "Manufacturing Engineer." Wow. That will look nice on my résumé, don't you think? I can list my title here as "Manufacturing Engineer/Purchasing Manager." I've got a couple of pretty impressive titles for someone who's only making $22K per year.
  • No comments: