Friday, July 30, 2004

Four Weeks and Counting

Running His Own Route

This is a nice article on Shane Carter, who will be a senior on Troy High School's football and basketball teams this upcoming season. He's definitely got the genes for it--you may have heard of his older brothers Butch and Cris Carter. Butch played and coached in the NBA, and Cris was a star receiver for Ohio State and then the Minnesota Vikings, and will likely end up in the NFL Hall of Fame.

At any rate, it's a nice little appetizer for high school football season, which starts four weeks from today. Being the way I am, I generally have at least a general idea of how far away the season is, and when it starts getting this close I start putting my game face on. I'm wearing my Trojans polo shirt today, and I'll probably wear it each Friday from now through the end of the season.

Here's what Troy's schedule looks like for this season:

8/27 Dublin Coffman
9/3 @ Centerville
9/10 Kettering Alter
9/17 @ Sidney
9/24 Greenville
10/1 @ Piqua
10/8 Vandalia Butler
10/15 @ Northmont
10/22 @ Fairmont
10/29 Trotwood-Madison

On a semi-related sidenote, Brandi mentioned to me the other day that she couldn't wait for football season to start. Did I find the right girl or what?

No comments: