Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Stranded

It's 1:30 p.m., and I never quite made it to work today.

I've mentioned a couple of times that I've been having some car problems lately. Today my car is getting worked on, so hopefully those problems will go away.

On my way home from work yesterday--actually, my way home from Best Buy, after buying NCAA Football 2005--my check engine light came on. Occasional stalling wasn't that huge of a deal, but I wasn't about to mess around with the check engine light. I went to Midas here in Bowling Green. Unfortunately, it was close to closing time for them, so I had to leave it overnight. They still have it.

I got a call a little while ago, and they told me they had managed to make the check engine light go off, but they still haven't solved the stalling problem. Whatever. As long as they fix it, it'll be worth missing a day of work. Not that missing a day of work is a bad thing, but missing a day of pay on next week's paycheck is a little more significant.

My Dad is the kind of guy who goes through new vehicles on a fairly frequent basis. We laugh about it, but I think incidents like this are a big reason why he does it. Vehicle maintenance can be a real pain. Hopefully when I get my car back, it'll be ready to be dependable for a while longer, at least until I can afford to start looking at new ones. I have no idea when that will be.

Of course, since I can't go anywhere, that gives me plenty of time to play my new video game.

No comments: