Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I Need Some Distraction

  • The song stuck in my head today: "Angel," by Sarah McLachlan. What a great song. I'm fascinated by the whole "song stuck in the head" phenomenon. Sure, it can be annoying at times, but what can possibly be so bad about going around all day with music on your mind?

    As a sidenote, one of the great things about the internet is the ability to find lyrics to just about any song.

  • Does anyone remember the television show "The Greatest American Hero"? I remember nothing about it, other than the fact that I loved it as a little kid. Oh, and the fact that it had a kickass theme song. I've got a copy of it, which I listened to this morning on my way to work. Another great song, although it contrasts quite a bit with "Angel."

  • One day last week Brandi came home with a couple of DVDs of Beavis and Butt-head greatest hits that she got from a co-worker. I fancy myself something of an intellectual, but I love the sophomoric humor of Beavis and Butt-head. Mike Judge is a funny, funny man.

  • It was good to see Austin Kearns back on the field for the Reds last night, after he was activated from the 60-day disabled list. Hopefully he can use the rest of this season to get back to form and ready for next year. Once Wily Mo Peña recovers from his sprained wrist, the Reds will have a formidable outfield for the rest of the season. It's too little too late for it to matter this season, but Wily Mo and Austin can definitely use the at-bats to hopefully springboard into next season.

  • I spent a good portion of my morning here at work down in the Engineering department, talking football. Rare days like this are when it's actually worth coming to work in the morning.

  • Speaking of work, things I'm hearing lately are leading me to believe that our marketing director/company president's fiancée is no longer on the company payroll. I suppose that's a partial explanation of why she hasn't been in the office for quite some time, except to pop in for a few minutes (usually with her kid in tow) here and there. Of course, she was never here that much even when she was on the payroll.

  • My car decided to do some more stalling yesterday after work. This really bothers me, because it hadn't done so for a while and I had gotten to the point where I was really starting to think it was over its problem. It didn't rain yesterday, either, so now it doesn't seem as though there's any rhyme or reason to when it has problems. I've had no problems so far today. I'm approaching my wits end with this thing. I'm due for an oil change probably tomorrow; if it has more problems after that, I think I'm going to have to just drop it off at a Dodge dealership and take a loaner car so they can keep it until it's fixed, however long that takes. In the meantime, it would be awesome if the car fairy or the money fairy would pay a visit.

  • Speaking of cars, I passed a DeLorean on the way to work yesterday. I think that's awesome. Yeah, it looks like a vintage 80s sports car, but it would be extremely cool to have one. If ever there comes a time where I have the disposable income to spend on something like a trophy car, that's what I'll be looking for.
  • No comments: