Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Donuts For Lunch

  • Mmm, donuts. Actually, they're Hostess Frosted Donettes (chocolate). I got them out of the vending machine here at work, and yes, this will be my lunch today. I don't have a car today, and I didn't have the foresight to brown-bag anything for myself. I planned on getting a 12" sandwich at Subway yesterday and saving half of it for today, but I forgot, and it all went downhill from there.

  • The reason I don't have a car today is because it's finally at a Dodge dealership's service department, hopefully getting its stalling problem taken care of. After it stalled again on Saturday night I decided I couldn't wait any longer. I made the appointment on Monday and dropped it off this morning on my way to work. I'm really hoping they can find the problem and fix it so I don't have to deal with this anymore. I'm especially hoping they can have it done by the end of the day. I dropped it off at 7:30 this morning and still haven't heard from them at 12:30, so I don't know.

  • I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but not being able to get out of the office on my lunch break makes the day seem extremely long.

  • I apologize for not posting this sooner, but here are some great photos of the Kerry/Edwards rally in Bowling Green from August 1. I never posted any photos I took myself because they weren't that good--I was far away and the captions would have said stuff like "That small blue dot in the center is John Kerry. I think." The person who took these shots was pretty close, though, and the photos are good. Check 'em out.

  • I'm in a much better mood today than I was yesterday or the day before. Just as I don't really know why I get into these moods from time to time, I also don't know why they leave. I'm certainly not complaining, though. I did force myself to play some PlayStation when I got home yesterday, and Brandi and I watched Finding Nemo later in the evening, and I think both of those things helped.

  • Of course, my recently rediscovered good mood is being threatened by technical difficulties with my internet connection. That's all I have to say about that.

  • I actually do have another theory on why I get into these weird moods occasionally. I think it may be partially attributable to the fact that it's been a long time since I've had any time off. I'm not that far removed from my school days (four years, which isn't much when you consider I was in school for seventeen) and I only worked a couple of summers, so I'm not quite used to this "year-round" business yet. Right now I only get one week of vacation per year, and I take that a day at a time, spread throughout the year. I think three weeks of vacation is a good number--one to just chill out at home, one to travel somewhere, and one to take a day at a time as needed. Hell, right now you could take out the one for travel, as I really can't afford to go anywhere anyway.

  • Time passes, and I find that I'm still thinking about digital cable and a DVR. If my calculations are correct, the costs beyond what I'm paying for regular cable would be negligible, if not nonexistent. This may happen sooner than later.

  • Today, as I'm sure everyone has noticed, is the first day of September. While it sucks that summer is drawing to a close, September has some good things going for it. Fall is my favorite season anyway. College and NFL seasons kick off this month (college football this weekend, including BGSU @ Oklahoma, and the first NFL game is next Thursday with a full slate that weekend), and there are high school games each Friday. Beyond that, the 21st of this month is the release date for two watershed items. One is Stephen King's The Dark Tower, the final novel in his epic series and perhaps the culmination of all his fiction. The other is the Star Wars original trilogy DVD set, which I've been awaiting ever since I got a DVD player.


  • No comments: