Monday, September 20, 2004

I'd Rather Be Sleeping

Here at the office, I have one particular co-worker who randomly wanders around the building several times during the day. He'll walk into each individual office, walk around in a big circle to see what everyone is doing, then head back out. It's irritating even at the best of times. Last Thursday, you could tell when he was making his rounds, because he had a cold--he was sniffling, hacking, and coughing the whole way down the hall. I thought that was rather generous of him to make sure he got around to share his germs with everyone.

Needless to say, I've never been less surprised to end up with a cold. I could feel it coming on Friday night, but it really kicked in on Saturday. This was not exactly conducive to a fun or exciting weekend. I spent most of it on the couch, sleeping or watching football. The only time I left the apartment was for a short trip to the grocery with Brandi on Sunday, and later that evening to do some laundry.

I've still got a runny nose and some chest congestion, but I think I'm through the worst of it. I can actually breathe through my nose now, and it isn't constantly dripping like it was last night. I'll probably have the remnants for a few more days to come, but this is currently the best I've felt since Friday. I think the extra sleep I got this morning helped--I overslept a bit due to some alarm problems, so I just took the morning off and stayed in bed.

Now that I'm here at work, I wish I had elected to stay in bed all day. I found out upon my arrival that a former co-worker, laid off in April, is making a comeback. I personally find this individual to be annoying and highly undesirable to be around. Hopefully our paths won't have to cross too often.

No comments: