Thursday, September 02, 2004

Stranded Again

Here I am once again, spending my lunch break at my desk for the second straight day. At least today I brought some food and don't have to resort to vending machine donuts to sustain me for the rest of the day. Nope, today I've got Stouffer's Swedish Meatballs, which, next to just about anything from Wendy's, might just be the finest meal ever created.

My car is back in the shop today, hopefully even now stalling for the technician so he can figure out what in the hell is wrong with it. It seems strange to drive around hoping for your car to die, but that's exactly what I was doing after I picked it up yesterday afternoon. Of course, it didn't die at any point, but it started to feel like it was thinking about doing it soon. Maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

On the bright side, this isn't totally worthless. I'm hoping to parlay my extra time spent at the office today and yesterday into permission to leave early tomorrow afternoon. That would really help me out, as Troy's football game tomorrow night is an away game. It's at Centerville, which is even further south than Troy--clear on the other side of Dayton. When Troy played there two years ago, the first quarter was over by the time I got there, and Centerville pretty much had the game in the bag already. I'm hoping to avoid a similar scenario (on several counts) tomorrow.

No comments: