Tuesday, October 19, 2004

So Much to Say

Actually, that's not the case at all. My brain seems to have gone into hibernation with the advent of cold weather. I can't remember the last time I wrote about anything even mildly serious. I'd like to say that will change sometime soon, but I just don't know. For whatever reason I just haven't had a whole lot on my mind lately. In a certain sense you could probably say that's a good thing, but it troubles me. I pride myself on being intellectual and creative, and that means I usually have some topic or another in my mind. Often that leads to a certain level of irritation or displeasure over something, but so be it. It's one way in which my thought processes are stimulated, so I thrive on it. When it's missing, I feel like I'm losing my edge.

I don't feel it's any cause for concern right now, although it does mean that my blog postings may be less pointed than usual until I "get my dog back," as Deion Sanders would say. I'm still reading and working my mind that way. I'm just a little burned out by the election, so I'm avoiding some news and current events for the time being. I'll probably cycle out that behavior as I start to realize that the election is close to actually happening and therefore the news actually means something again.

In the meantime, please forgive me if I'm slightly out of sorts, or if I write about sports even more than normal. It seems to be all I'm able to digest right now.

No comments: