Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Countdown Begins

Wouldn't you know it? I put in my two-week notice, and right away I become busy here at work. I meant to post this entry yesterday and didn't quite have time. I think they're just trying to get every little bit out of me before I move on. Who can blame them? They'd better do it quickly, though. After today, I only have to come here six more times, due to the short week for Thanksgiving next week. Then I'm off to bigger and better (I hope) things.

I'm trying not to think about it too much yet, though. I'm trying to keep it as normal as possible for as long as I can. I'm not quite ready to write in detail about moving on, so let's focus instead on this past weekend, which was awesome.

Brandi and I exchanged gifts when I got home from work on Friday. It turned out that both of us had little surprises for each other. Hers for me was the new Eminem CD, so we listened to that while we ate and then got ready to go out. We went to see BGSU's men's chorus put on their fall concert, which was pretty cool. They did a wide variety of songs, and we both really enjoyed it.

When we got back to the apartment, I gave limited help to Brandi, who was making a cake for us to share at a tailgate party on Saturday. We got that finished and then went to bed fairly early in preparation for an early start on Saturday.

We got up around 8:30, which is extremely early for us on a weekend. We got ourselves ready and headed over to Doyt Perry Stadium. They always set up a tailgating park on the east side of the stadium, and the webmaster of the BGSU sports message board had rented a tent. We took the cake Brandi had made (two-layer chocolate cake with strawberry icing between layers) and hung out there for a couple of hours. It was an absolute blast. We got to meet a bunch of fellow Falcon fans, and the food was incredible. I couldn't stop eating, and I was absolutely stuffed by the time we left.

We headed into the stadium about an hour before kickoff. My friend McComas met us there shortly thereafter, and Brandi's friend Gretchen and her friend Megan came to sit with us later in the game. We watched BG destroy Marshall, which is always a good time. Everyone else cut out early, but Brandi and I stayed until the end and then went down on the field afterwards to revel in the victory before heading home.

We turned on the OSU-Purdue game when we got back to the apartment, then promptly fell asleep on the couch. It was over when we woke up. I went and got food from Wendy's and brought it back, then we ate and got ready to go out.

We met up with Megan and Gretchen and went to a few different bars. We didn't stay out until last call, but it was pretty close. A fair amount of drinking was done by all, and it was a lot of fun.

Sunday was a little bit rough. I felt pretty much okay when I woke up, but I wore down pretty quickly. I got up around noon and went to the store to get some stuff for Brandi to make a nacho dish, as McComas was coming over that afternoon to watch the Steelers-Browns game. By the time I got back from the store, I wasn't feeling well at all. McComas and his brother came over, along with Kiersten the baby (and later Charissa the mom), and Brandi served the nachos, but I had to abstain. During halftime, I had to leave the party altogether and go sleep for a while longer.

I felt mostly better after I got up, so Brandi made dinner and we watched a movie and just hung out on the couch. Neither one of us felt like doing anything more strenuous than that. I guess Sunday could have been a little better, but I think it was a fair price to pay for the fun we had leading up to it. I think we'll be taking some time off before we go out hardcore like that again, though.

No comments: