Thursday, November 11, 2004

Pregame Jitters

Surprisingly, I'm not all that nervous about my interview this afternoon. I'm a little fluttery, but not too bad. If I remember correctly, I wasn't all that nervous the last time I interviewed for a proofreading position either. Of course, that was nearly four years ago, so my memory might be a little fuzzy, but I'm generally pretty confident about this sort of thing. I have a very simple philosophy about this sort of thing: if they want a good proofreader, they'll offer me the job. If they don't offer it to me, it's their loss. That might sound a little cocky, but that's just the way I feel. I'm damned good at what I do, and there's no sense mincing words about it.

It's a little ironic, I think, that I got a couple of suits not too long ago for just such an occasion, and I can't even use them since I'm doing it in the middle of the day. I think showing up to my current job (a business casual environment) in a suit and leaving in the middle of the day for an "appointment" would be a little obvious. I look good nonetheless. I'm wearing dark pants a step up from the khakis I normally wear to work, and my new gold dress shirt. I've also got a tie in the car that I'll put on before I get there. I think I'll be fine. If they're going to be dissuaded because I didn't wear a jacket to the interview, I probably wouldn't want to work there anyway.

I'll report back later today with interview details.

No comments: