Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Football Picks, NFL Week 13

Brandi and I just got back from my victory dinner for the week, since I smoked her in our football competition. I went 14-3 to her 10-7. Yay! Let's hear it for my continued dominance this week. Let's go to the picks:

(1-10) San Francisco @ St. Louis (5-6)
(5-6) Buffalo @ Miami (2-9)
(4-7) Carolina @ New Orleans (4-7)
(5-6) Houston @ NY Jets (8-3)
(9-2) Atlanta @ Tampa Bay (4-7)
(5-6) Cincinnati @ Baltimore (7-4)
(7-4) Minnesota @ Chicago (4-7)
(10-1) New England @ Cleveland (3-8)
(4-7) Arizona @ Detroit (4-7)
(4-7) Tennessee @ Indianapolis (8-3)
(3-8) Kansas City @ Oakland (4-7)
(7-4) Denver @ San Diego (8-3)
(5-6) NY Giants @ Washington (3-8)
(7-4) Green Bay @ Philadelphia (10-1)
(10-1) Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville (6-5)
(4-7) Dallas @ Seattle (6-5)

In college football, it's championship week. We're going to pick all the conference championship games this week, since there's only one Big Ten games and no MAC games (except the championship) on the slate. The ACC doesn't have a championship game per se, but since whoever wins this weekend between Virginia Tech and Miami will be the conference champion, I decided to include that one as well. The week kicks off tomorrow with the MAC Championship Game in Detroit:

(8-3) Toledo vs. Miami (8-3) - MAC Championship, Ford Field, Detroit
(5-6) Michigan State @ Hawai'i (6-5)
(9-2) Virginia Tech @ Miami FL (8-2)
(11-0) Auburn vs. Tennessee (9-2) - SEC Championship, Georgia Dome, Atlanta
(7-4) Colorado vs. Oklahoma (11-0) - Big 12 Championship, Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City

As I mentioned yesterday, the BGSU Falcons have accepted a bid to play in the GMAC Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. The game is on December 22 at 8:00 p.m. on ESPN. I really, really wish we could go, but right now I can't swing a game that far away, especially in the middle of the week. I've heard that the GMAC Bowl is a truly awesome experience, though. I'm glad our guys get to play down there. I'll have to settle for watching on television, but I'll be there in spirit.

Also, former Bowling Green head coach Urban Meyer will most likely be the next head coach at Notre Dame. I really hope he stays at Utah, though. At some point, it would be nice if a really good head coach would stand up for the "little guys" and stick around for a while at a less prominent school. Of course, it would have been really nice if he would have stayed at Bowling Green instead of moving on to Utah in the first place. The fact that he made that move tells me he'll make this one as well.

No comments: