Monday, December 06, 2004

Sweet Caroline...

Good times never seemed so good.

Brandi and I had a pretty good, relaxing weekend. She had to work late (until 10:00) on Friday, so I came home and just hung out for a while. Eventually I packed my stuff, and shortly after Brandi got home we got on the road.

Our friends Amy and Doug went out of town for the weekend, so we went down to stay at their house and take care of their menagerie (two cats, two fish, one rabbit) for the weekend. We started with a trip through Wendy's drive-through, and then straight down to Piqua. We got there shortly after midnight and just relaxed for the night. We watched some television in the company of the more social of the two cats, Caroline.

We didn't stay up for too long. We retired for the evening with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban playing, but we didn't stay awake through very much of it.

We started off pretty slow on Saturday. We got up and watched a little bit of college football before we really did anything. Then we headed out to a Mexican restaurant in Troy called El Sombrero. The food there was totally awesome. I think it may well have been the best Mexican food I've ever had. I had eaten there before, but it had been several years and I couldn't really remember much about the food. I think we'll definitely be going back again before too long.

After lunch, we stopped briefly at my parents' house. They too were out of town, but I couldn't pass up a chance to hang out with my dog for a few minutes.

We went to the store to pick up a few things and then headed back to Amy and Doug's house. We watched some more football, then played some video games and watched a movie (Shrek 2) while eating the cake we picked up at the store. We ended up falling asleep on the couch in front of yet another football game, and we woke up and went to bed before it was over.

That was an interesting night. We fell asleep quickly, having already been asleep for a while, but Caroline was a bit more restless. Well into the night/morning, she found an empty box that she kept trying to climb into. She was noisy as hell, which made it hard to sleep. I dissuaded her from doing it once, and then she came back for more. I eventually had to get up and move the box and give the cat a little whack so we could get some sleep.

Sunday was a little less relaxing than the rest of the weekend. We hung around at Amy and Doug's house for a little while after we fed the animals one last time, then got on the road for Bowling Green. When we got back, Brandi wanted to clean up the apartment and rearrange the living room. We got that accomplished, breaking briefly to go out to get a new bookshelf and some groceries. After I built the bookshelf, we put up our Christmas tree.

Later, Brandi made her famous nacho concoction, and McComas came down to watch the Steelers-Jaguars game on ESPN. McComas is a big Steelers fan, and it was a close game, so that was a good time.

It wasn't the most exciting weekend, but it was a good one. It had been a while since we had a chance to just chill out, so that was nice. We both got a chance to recharge a little bit for another week of work, and I think that was good for both of us.

No comments: