Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Oh, Right...the Weekend

Before we progress too far into the week, I wanted to recap this past weekend. I won't give a blow-by-blow account, but there are a few things that deserve at least passing mention.

On Friday evening, after I got home from work and Brandi woke up from her nap, we went out for dinner at a new Italian restaurant. It's called Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano, and it just opened a few weeks ago in the Levis Commons shopping center in Perrysburg, which is just a few miles north of Bowling Green. We actually tried to eat there last weekend, but we found that it's nearly impossible to just walk in and get a table, as they hold 75% of their tables for reservations. We really wanted to try it, though, so this time around we made some reservations. I'm really glad we did, because the food was awesome. We split a salad, then for the main course I had chicken marsala and Brandi had a fettucini dish (it was a special that isn't on the regular menu). We also had a nice Hogue Riesling wine--we drink a lot of Riesling, and this is the best one I've had. It was all very good, and neither of us wanted to stop even as we got full. We pressed on, and even managed to finish with dessert. We got chocolate cake, which was absolutely incredible. We were both totally stuffed by the time we finally left.

We were planning to have a party at our apartment on Saturday evening, but we were only partially successful. We had quite a cast of characters lined up, but most of them backed out, some of them at the last moment. It ended up being myself and Brandi, plus three of my friends. It was still a good time, though. We demolished the snacks, and got a pretty fair way through the alcohol. Eventually we all headed out to the bars and had a pretty good time. We were planning on having everyone back over afterwards for an after-hours party, but that didn't work out either. A couple of my friends ended up going somewhere else, and another friend twisted his ankle on the way home and so just went home and passed out. Brandi went to bed and fell asleep shortly after we got home, so I ended up staying up by myself until about 6:30, playing PlayStation.

I was awakened a very short time later (as was Brandi) by a bird which decided to make its home on the ledge just outside the window right above the headboard of our bed. Wow, was that ever annoying. We had to smack the window to get it to go away, but it came back several times before getting the hint and letting us sleep in peace.

So that's it, in a nutshell. This coming weekend, Brandi and I will be celebrating two years together. The actual anniversary date is April 12, but Brandi has a busy day and a late night on that day, so we're doing it this weekend instead.

No comments: