Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Revenge of the Sith

Speaking of creating monsters...I may have created a frenzy by asking Brandi to marry me, but I doubt she has any idea of what awaits her when the newest Star Wars film hits theaters. It opens on May 19, meaning that two weeks from today I'll be preparing to go to the midnight showing. I can't friggin' wait. I don't read much about it, because I don't want to accidentally see something that will give away even the tiniest bit of plot, but I can't help hearing things from time to time. The word so far is that it kicks some ass. I'm so ready for that. I just have a good feeling, like this one is going to be the best of the bunch (not just the prequel bunch, but the entire movie franchise). It'll take a lot to top The Empire Strikes Back as the best, but this one could do it. It's such an intriguing point of the story. If Lucas is as good a filmmaker as he was considered before these prequels began, there's little chance that this film can be less than awesome.

I'll likely see the film in the theater about ten to fifteen times, and more if it's as good as I feel like it will be. I don't care if that makes me a dork. There's just nothing like seeing Star Wars on the big screen. It's such a grand spectacle, and as this is the last of the bunch (although he's going to redo them all in 3D starting in '07, if I read correctly), I plan to take full advantage of every chance I have to see the film in the way it is meant to be seen.

After I've seen the film at least once, I'll read the novel, listen to the soundtrack, play the video game, read the articles, etc. Until then, I'm staying as chaste as possible so as to take in as much of the experience as possible on that magical night.

No comments: