Wednesday, June 15, 2005

State of the Blog

First, if I have any readers left who continue to check this site on a regular basis, I'd like to thank you for your patience. I've been coming to realize that this blog is no longer a one-post-a-day endeavor, as it was for quite some time after I started it, but it was never my intention to go very long between posts. However, over the course of the past week and a half, the Internet service here at my apartment has been spotty, and three days ago it shut off completely. Tonight it's finally up and running again, so I'm taking advantage of it.

When I started this blog, nearly a year and a half ago, my main concern was that eventually my interest would start to wane and I would neglect it until it finally faded from my mind completely. I'm happy to say at this point that the interest has not faded. In fact, it's still peaking. I'm constantly thinking of things to write about or ways I could improve it. The decline in the frequency of my posts has been due to a simple lack of time. I wish I could post each day, and I'll continue to try to do so, but there may be times when I go a day or two without. If it goes longer than that, as it did this time, chances are good that something is preventing me from getting to my blog.

No comments: