Saturday, December 31, 2005

Two Weddings

I haven't written much in December. Mostly that's due to the fact that there's been so much going on, with the holidays and everything else. Some of that "everything else" revolves around two of my closest friends getting married (not to each other).

The first was Jessica and Matt's wedding, which took place on December 10th. Jess and I went to high school together, and became fast friends after being placed in a group together for a project in Mr. Rieck's American History class during our junior year. Her husband, Matt, is a great guy. I'm really happy for both of them.

Their wedding was an absolute blast. They got married in Troy, my (and Jess's) hometown, and their reception was a few miles outside of town. Brandi and I planned to stay at my parents' house that night, but it didn't quite work that way. As Jess and I also went to college together, there was a pretty good group of old friends, all of us taking advantage of the open bar. Brandi and I were both pretty drunk by the end of the reception. We ended up crashing with Jessica's mom Connie, in her hotel room. We both felt pretty rough the next day, but it was a great time. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

Jessica and Matt

Myself and Brandi at the reception

Brandi, Jess, Matt, and myself

Me dancing with the bride

Bridget, Melanie, Melissa, Jess, Heather, and Brandi

I'd love to post even more pictures from the reception, but in the interests of page-loading times, I'll refrain. Suffice it to say that there are many pictures of dancing and general foolishness, and almost all of them feature someone (or several someones) holding an alcoholic beverage of some sort. It was a grand time, and it makes me even more excited for my and Brandi's wedding this coming spring to get the same group together again with even more of my friends involved. On a related note to that, I should mention that Matt, Jessica's new husband, has agreed to be a groomsman in said wedding.

Then yesterday, my friend Mike got married to his girlfriend Charissa. I've known Mike since shortly before I came to school here in BG. Actually, I met him because he was dating Jessica, and so when I came to school here, he became my roommate. We've been good friends ever since. Their wedding was nice. They didn't have a reception or anything, opting instead to probably have a big party this coming summer to celebrate, but Brandi and I did go out that night to have a few drinks, so we managed to raise a glass in their honor.

No comments: