Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Damn It All to Hell

I just took a dose of NyQuil, and now I'm lying in bed (with the laptop), waiting for it to take effect so I can hopefully get some sleep. As someone who takes liquid medicine whenever medicine is needed, I feel it necessary to say that NyQuil may not be the vilest tasting substance known to man, but it is close. Damned close. I'm eating Skittles to neutralize the aftertaste. I don't know if that's recommended, and frankly, I don't care. The original taste was bad enough; I can only imagine what it would be like with morning-mouth on top of it.

I'm pissed off that I'm sick at any rate. I just got over a cold, one for which I even took a day off from work, about two and a half weeks ago. In fact, this is at least the third time I've been sick since I had the chicken pox in November. I rarely get sick under normal circumstances, so apparently nature has decided it should catch up with me all at once. This one isn't so bad as far as illness goes, mostly just a sore throat (and I may have a touch of a fever, but that may also be my imagination), but for some reason it has really made me feel like hell. That may be because I had a hard time sleeping last night and got maybe four hours, hence the NyQuil tonight. We'll see how it goes. I have a feeling I may have been better off with another shot of DayQuil and a glass of wine, at least as far as sleeping goes, but I'm not sure liver cirrhosis is the solution. Besides, I didn't really even want food tonight; my stomach may have revolted at the wine. Although the Skittles seem to be doing okay.

I can't afford to take any time off work, so I'll be "fine" in the morning, one way or another. It's just as well, seeing as how I have to drive up to Detroit tomorrow evening anyway to pick up Brandi at the airport as she returns from her mini-vacation to Texas. I may as well spend eight hours in Toledo beforehand, yes?

In other news, I recently finished the novel Outbound Flight, by Timothy Zahn. It's a Star Wars novel, by an author who has written several others, all very good. I liked this one as well, and indeed, it may well be my favorite of his. You can read my brief thoughts on said novel (as well as a couple of others) here. Also, I made my first-ever visit to a strip club last week; you can expect a full post on that experience sometime in the next day or two (I hope).

And now, dear reader, I feel the gentle effects of the NyQuil beginning to take their hold of me. I'll leave you now, before she ceases her teasing and instead rips my consciousness away, plunging me into the void. Tomorrow shall be a better day.

No comments: