Twice recently (at least relatively so) I've found myself the target of "blog tag." I thought I'd go ahead and knock them both out in one post. Up first, Tran tagged me all the way back in the beginning of February, and although I meant to do it then, it kind of slipped my mind. Anyway, better late than never, I guess, so here it is: a random mishmash of random information.
[4 jobs in your life]
General office bitch
[4 movies you could watch over and over]
Dazed and Confused
Lord of the Rings (any/all)
[4 tv shows you love to watch]
That '70s Show
Pardon the Interruption
[4 places you have lived]
Pleasant Hill, Ohio
Bowling Green, Ohio
[4 places you have been on vacation]
Niagara Falls (Canadian side)
[4 websites you visit daily]
[4 of your favorite foods]
Pasta (pretty much any kind, as long as it's without seafood)
Chicken fingers (sad but true)
[4 places you'd rather be right now]
Troy Memorial Stadium
San Diego (never been there before, but why not?)
Then a few days ago, I got tagged again by my lovely fiancee Brandi. Here are the results from that one.
Six Weird Things About Me
1. I am, quite literally, tongue-tied. My tongue is attached to the bottom of my mouth almost clear up to the base of my teeth. This means my tongue can barely come out of my mouth at all. Strangely, the only speech impediment I've encountered from this is the inability to roll my r's while speaking Spanish.
2. I have no problem doing things by myself. Sometimes I even prefer it. This includes generally social events like going to movies, sporting events, concerts, and (on rare occasions) bars. If there's something I want to do, I'll do it whether anyone wants to go with me or not, and I'll usually have just as much fun either way.
3. I didn't drink until I was 25, for some unremembered reason. If the people who knew me then could have had a peek into the future to see me today, they never would have believed it. I still can't stand the taste of beer, however.
4. I can't swallow pills. After several terrifying choking incidents as a child, I developed an aversion. Knowing it's just a mental block doesn't help. I now take liquid medication or no medication at all. I know someday this is something I'll have to get over.
5. When I was very young, I thought that dogs and cats were the same species; that dogs were the males and cats were the females. Wow.
6. Also when I was younger, I used to have recurring nightmares about an invisible vampire.
Now, I normally think things like these are dumb, so I only respond to them once in a great while. That being the case, I'm not going to bother tagging anyone else. Feel free to fill these out if you want, but I refuse to spread the madness.