Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our House...Is a Very, Very, Very Fine House

Brandi and I found and rented an apartment in Troy this weekend. A duplex, actually. The rent is comparable to other places we were looking at, but this place is quite a bit bigger than any of the others, and it has everything we were looking for. It's a pretty big place for just the two of us--a decent-sized living/dining room, a big kitchen, two bathrooms, three bedrooms, and a two-car garage with an attic above it. It comes complete with a dishwasher and a washer and dryer, which will be awesome after years of having neither. We'll set one of the bedrooms up as an office-type area, and another will be a guest room that will be put to a variety of other uses. The landlord will be doing some cleaning and maintenance this week and next, and then Brandi will probably start staying there the first week of July. We'll be able to take several trips to move our stuff from Bowling Green, and I'll most likely start living there about halfway through the month.

Oh...and did I mention that said duplex is located on the street where I grew up, and the equivalent of probably two blocks from my parents' house? When I say I'm "moving back home," that's now almost literally true. Well, it was inevitable, really--I have quite a bit of family in Troy, and they all live in the same neighborhood. Now we're joining them. I'm pretty excited about living there again, actually. I'm very comfortable there and I have a lot of affection for the area, not to mention some good memories. I'm hoping to draw on that energy and funnel it into my writing, and being surrounded by friends and family again will be pretty awesome too.

No comments: