Friday, November 16, 2007

All I Want for Christmas...

I'm normally not all that interested in getting Christmas gifts (or any other type of gifts, for that matter). If there's something I want, I have no problem just going and getting it; and if I don't actively want something, then I have no idea why getting it as a gift would make me want it. At any rate, this year isn't really that much of an exception, but I'm trying to cut down spending for a bit as I take care of some other things. So, since I can' t seem to convince anyone to scrap the gift-giving obligations of this time of year, here are some items I wouldn't mind having, for anyone who may be interested.
  • PlayStation 3 (80GB version ONLY) - I know I'm not getting this, but I thought I'd mention it. I'll probably make it a nice gift for myself after I get my annual bonus in March or April.
  • A PlayStation 2 controller - With a PS3 on the horizon, this seems stupid...but all of my controllers are worn out to the point of near-unusability, and I just don't know if I can hold out until March or April.
  • The Complete Calvin and Hobbes - I think my wife is boycotting this idea strictly because I mentioned it. I have a knack for knowing or guessing my gifts from her in advance, and it drives her crazy.
  • BGSU gear - particularly a long-sleeved t-shirt or two. I'd like one in orange or brown, although gray with graphics and lettering primarily in those colors would also be acceptable. No lettering on the sleeves.
  • Likewise, you can never go wrong with Troy Trojans or, to a lesser extent, Cincinnati Reds memorabilia, particularly wearables.
  • iTunes gift cards - always welcome.
  • Gift certificate for a massage - another likely gift for myself come bonus time if I don't get one in the meantime. My back, neck, and shoulders are jacked up beyond belief.
  • The Wonder Years on DVD - so far as I know, no one who reads this blog has the power to make this happen. But you never know.
  • 2008 Novel and Short Story Writer's Market - here's an early New Year's resolution: I'm going to get at least two stories ready and submit them for publication by the end of 2008, or you'll never hear another word from me about being a serious fiction writer.

No comments: