Friday, August 15, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Today is a big day.

If you read this blog with any regularity at all, you know that one of my great loves in life is for Troy football. Well, this evening will bring my first visit of the year to Troy Memorial Stadium, and my first look at this year's edition of the Trojans. It's just a scrimmage, but the season starts for real next week, meaning that tonight and my next ten Fridays in a row are booked solid. Nice. I look forward to this time of year practically from the time each season ends, so it'll be awesome to get out to the stadium and sit under the lights while I see how the guys look for this year. Especially since the weather is already in midseason form - forecast temperature for tonight is around 70°. Nothing beats a nice evening in the stands at Troy Memorial.

After that, Brandi and I are going to go see Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which opens today. I've seen all the prequels on opening day, and I can't let this one be an exception. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to see a midnight showing, as I did for each of Episodes I-III, but only one theater in the area was hosting one, and...well, it just wasn't in the cards. (By contrast, at this time on the day The Phantom Menace opened, I was already on my way to see it a second time.) So we'll see it tonight, and that'll be fine. I'm really interested to see how Star Wars translates to full-on computer animation, and what the reaction to it will be. I'm sure it won't be nearly the spectacle of the regular films, but as long as it's entertaining and tells a good story, that's all I really care about.

With football season starting and a new Star Wars movie opening on the same day, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It'll be a chore to get through the rest of the work day, I'm sure.

No comments: