Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat

Last night was Trick or Treat night here in the old hometown. Disappointing turnout, I must say. We had just 35 kids come by, down from 54 last year. It could have been a lot worse, though: after the first hour, there had been just 9. At any rate, there's a ton of candy left over. I planned ahead, though - I put the strongest candy at the bottom of the bowl and did only perfunctory mixing, so I mostly gave away the stuff I'd rather not eat myself.

I find that I look forward to giving out candy nearly as much as I used to look forward to going out and collecting it when I was a kid, and believe me, that's quite a bit - Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. Still, it hardly seems worth doing for so few kids. As I mentioned last year (when I thought 54 was low), our place is almost, but not quite, a little out of the way. Maybe next year I'll do some marketing or something.

And now, just because this seems like it's too short to post as an entry all its own (a hangup that is solely my own, I know), here's a list of the last ten songs played this morning from my iTunes library:

1. "Popular" - Nada Surf
2. "Mr. Chess" - Duncan Sheik
3. "Never" - Heart
4. "Raise Your Hand" - Edwin McCain
5. "Girls Girls Girls" - Motley Crue
6. "Behind Blue Eyes" - The Who
7. "The Tuesday Night Bingo Queen" - Joshua Kadison
8. "Because I Got High" - Afroman
9. "Modern Day Cowboy" - Tesla
10. "Goodbye to Romance" - Ozzy Osbourne

No comments: