Friday, September 25, 2015

Xenia 45 Troy 42


I was at this game, but I don't have very much to say about it. Not because it wasn't a memorable game--it actually got pretty crazy toward the end. No, the reason I don't have much to say about it is because I was at the game with a group of my fellow alumni from Troy High School's class of 1995, and so I wasn't paying as much attention to the game as I usually do.

All I can say is that the Trojans got off to a really slow start. It actually looked like it was going to get ugly for a while, despite both teams' identical 1-3 record coming in. Xenia led 24-7 at half, and a score to begin the fourth quarter put them up 38-14. However, Troy's furious rally began at that point, scoring four TDs from there (in about a five-minute span, actually) to end up with the oh-so-close final score. They actually had another drive as the clock was winding down, and it looked like they were really going to pull it out, when the Buccaneers came away with an interception to seal it.

I was pretty impressed by how loud the Troy crowd got as the game got closer and closer. Troy Memorial Stadium hasn't rocked like that in quite some time. Two game have been played there now this season, two close losses for the home team by a grand total of five points. The Trojans will get another chance to put their first home win on the board next week when they play the Greenville Green Wave (2-3) for Homecoming.

(Also: I had a great time with my classmates. Looking forward to the actual reunion tomorrow night.)

No comments: