Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Return of Notes, Quotes, and Billy Goats

  • Today was my first really good day at work. I was busy all day long, and I had to make a ton of corrections. A busy day is a good day, especially when I'm doing a lot of editing. I still haven't been totally trained. I keep hoping that it's coming, but no luck so far. It should be soon, though. I just want to get to a point where I know what to do when there isn't anything in my inbox. Fortunately, I had enough work today that there's plenty left over to start with in the morning.

  • If my calculations are correct, tomorrow I should get my first paycheck from my new job. I'm looking forward to that.

  • Making the day even better, I got to spend some time at Anderson Arena this evening. The BGSU Falcons took on the Bluffton Beavers and won 87-60. Despite the 27-point win, the Falcons didn't play particularly well. It was a fun game to watch, though. The crowd was pretty good (Coach Dakich actually came over to the student section during one of the timeouts to thank everyone for coming--a nice gesture, but one he shouldn't have to make), and there were quite a few dunks. I think all of them came from Josh Almanson, who really bulked up in the offseason and has looked great so far. He has always been a solid player, but this year it looks like he's ready to live up to his full potential.

  • Tonight Brandi and I watched the movie Super Size Me, the documentary made by a guy who ate nothing but McDonalds food for a whole month. It was pretty incredible. Looking back, I can't say there was really anything in there that was really surprising, but it was a real eye-opener to see it laid out the way it was. Very good movie. I'd like to say it will inspire me to clean up my eating habits, but we'll see. I've actually been trying to eat better gradually for quite a while now, and I think I do a pretty decent job. I still eat fast food at least once a week, though, as I just can't pass up Wendy's on Friday.

  • If Barry Bonds had a shred of decency, he would simply retire from baseball before the beginning of next season. If he continues to play, he's going to break the all-time home run record, and then that record is going to be tainted by the fact that he has taken steroids. He absolutely has to know what a mess that would create for the game, so he should walk away and not let it happen. Do I expect him to do that? Absolutely not.

  • Notre Dame is still looking for a head coach after being spurned by former Bowling Green coach Urban Meyer, who took the job at Florida instead. Hey Irish, I bet you could pry George O'Leary away from Central Florida! Didn't you try to hire him last time? I think he'd probably be willing to listen to offers after leading the Golden Knights to an 0-11 record in their final year in the MAC.
  • No comments: