Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Congratulations...

...to the 2007 National Champion Florida Gators and head coach Urban Meyer. I had a feeling the Gators might end up being too much for the Buckeyes to handle, but I can't honestly say that I foresaw the absolute blowout they delivered. I figured it would be close either way, or if it was a blowout that Ohio State would be on top. I've rarely been happier to be proved wrong.

It's a bittersweet feeling to see a former Bowling Green head coach take a team to the pinnacle of college football while my beloved Falcons slide back into mediocrity (or worse) under the questionable leadership of his successor. Still, I pull for Meyer's teams because they play football the way football should be played. They are talented, smart, fundamentally sound, prepared, unpredictable, and intense. They go all out all the time. His ability to combine all of these factors makes me believe he is the best coach in college football. This won't be the last championship he wins.

I'm just glad he didn't end up at Notre Dame.

No comments: