Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time Capsule Additions

Some things I've thought of since my last post that I'd include in my time capsule circa 1989-1991:

  • A folder or binder full of the pathetic drawings and fiction I was creating at the time
  • My first pair of glasses (in all their gigantic glory)
  • My first pair of Reebok Pumps
  • A lock of hair from my mullet
  • Postcards depicting places I'd been on family vacations
  • My autographed photo of the band Firehouse
  • My Def Leppard t-shirt
  • A videotape full of music videos recorded back when MTV actually showed them
  • Calvin and Hobbes comics clipped from the newspaper
  • A Dean R. Koontz novel...possibly Lightning (although, given my propensity even then to re-read books I like, it would have been easier to part with The Mask or The Face of Fear)

    I'm still interested in hearing what other people would put into a time capsule if they and a friend were creating it around 12-13 years of age, so, again, please leave a comment below or shoot me an email - barbaricyawp(at)woh.rr.com. I do have a quasi-serious reason for asking, beyond just being a fairly interesting topic for conversation, so even if you only have one or two things in mind off the top of your head, I'd love to hear about it.
  • No comments: