Thursday, June 10, 2004

The Second Unveiling (and My Day in General)

Today I'm busting out yet another page in the Barbaric Yawp family--the Yawp's DVD/Movie Page (linked permanently on the right side of this page). I've been planning it for a while, and I finally started it last night when I couldn't sleep. The majority of the work on it, though, has been done today. It's not hard, just looking up details on IMDb and banging out the text.

If you look at this new page soon after I post this, you'll notice that it isn't quite finished. It's still a work in progress, but I wanted to get it out there as soon as it was functional. All the links work and everything, but I haven't yet put in all the information I need to. I'll probably be done by the end of the day, or maybe sometime tomorrow if not.

I'm so glad I started this last night and had it to work on today, because I've had nothing else to do. Each time I think I can't possibly have less to do at work, I'm proven wrong. There's no work. There's some on the horizon, but I don't know how far away it is. In the meantime, I'm glad to have plenty of personal stuff to work on. This blog is a lifesaver.

Actually, since my officemate is on vacation and I can pretty much work on this as much as I want without having to hide it every few minutes, it makes the day go by pretty quickly. It isn't terribly engaging, but at least it's something to do, something I want to do. The first four hours almost flew by--I was a little surprised when I looked up and saw it was time to go to lunch. This afternoon has gone much the same way.

Speaking of lunch, I went to Magic Wok for some Chinese food today, and it was quite a bit better than the first time I tried it. I had the almond chicken stir fry, and it was quite good. I think next time I'll see if they can throw some pineapples into it. I love pineapples in Chinese food. I also love them on pizza.

Anyway, enjoy the new page (especially once it's finished), and look for more additions to come.

No comments: