Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Serious (and Sad) Note

BGSU football player dies
"Forever a Falcon" by Grant Cummings

This is difficult to fathom. An 18-year-old kid, an athlete presumably in prime condition, just dies for no apparent reason.

It's hard for me to get my mind around the idea that sometimes things like this just happen. It's something I think about often: not death specifically, but just the general concept that you never know what's coming next. You may plan ahead, and you may think you know, and a lot of the time you may be right. Then you get a shocking reminder that, ultimately, your fate is not entirely in your hands.

Aaron Richardson was a young kid with the whole world still ahead of him. From everything I've heard today, he was a great guy with a promising future. This is a sad day. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

No comments: