Thursday, September 09, 2004

A Yawp Classic

With the irritating driving conditions I've been experiencing lately, I thought it was time to repost my list of driving tips, originally posted a few months ago. It seems as though a lot of people need a refresher course.

Handy Traffic Tips

In the same vein, I'd like to mention that northbound I-475 between Airport Highway and Central Avenue is the most consistently congested-for-no-apparent-reason stretch of road that I've ever had the displeasure of being on. Around 5:15 each weekday, you can count on this area being backed up, moving at perhaps 25-35 miles per hour (on a 65 mph interstate), with an occasional complete stop. Why? I have no explanation for this. There are a lot of cars, yes, but is that any reason to drive forty freaking miles under the speed limit?

At any rate, if you have any particular driving pet peeves or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail, as I'm sure this list will be "revised and expanded" in the future.

No comments: