Friday, November 12, 2004

Start Spreading the News...

...I'm leaving today.

Well, okay, not today, but I am leaving. I've decided to take the plunge. I put in my notice this morning here at my current job, and called the new place to let them know I'm taking the position. Right now the higher-ups here at my current job are deciding how long they need me to stay, since two weeks from now is the short Thanksgiving week. Once that is decided, I'll know which day will be my first at my new job.

I'm fairly excited. I know finances may be a little tight for a while, but I will trust to their statement that raises will be forthcoming. Even just a change of scenery will be good for me, I think, but I'm definitely happy to be moving on to something that's more in line with my chosen field. I know I'll be more content. I think the lower pay will be worth it; I have no problem paying my dues in order to get to a better place.

I can't tell you how great it will be to have words as my business once again, rather than numbers. Frankly, it's a relief as much as anything. After so long away, I was starting to wonder if I'd ever be able to make my way back into the word business. In the end, that's what it came down to. Drawbacks aside, this is an opportunity I just couldn't pass up. I think it will pay off in the long term, and it'll be fun in the meantime.

Thanks to everyone who has offered kind words or warm thoughts in the past couple of days. I really do appreciate the support.

No comments: